Down Payment Assistance Program
Jan 30th, 2017
Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD)
CFH will continue to administer the VA Department of Housing & Community Development (DHCD) Down Payment Assistance Program (DPA) in four Northern Virginia Counties – Prince William, Fairfax, Arlington and Loudoun. CFH has helped 14 applicants realize their dream to become a homeowner.
CFH is currently accepting applications for this program. Eligibility requirements include:
- Gross household income from all sources cannot exceed 80% of the area median income, adjusted for household size;
- Assets cannot exceed 10% of the cost of the property being purchased;
- Down payment from the buyer must equal at least 1% of the cost of the property being purchased;
- Applicants must identify the property and secure a first mortgage from a VHDA approved lender;
- Applicants must take a VHDA homeownership class; locations are on the VHDA website
- Applicants must take a CFH homeownership workshop;
DPA Current AMI Chart
|1 Person||2 Person||3 Person||4 Person||5 Person||6 Person||7 Person||8 Person|
Details are found in the Application Guidelines. Contact 703-221-4510 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
CFH is a 501(c)(3) organization 37 years’ experience in providing affordable housing opportunities for low-to moderate income households in Northern Virginia. CFH provides senior rental assistance in Fairfax County, security deposit assistance throughout the service area, rental and homeownership opportunities and a comprehensive life skills program.
“CFH provides affordable housing opportunities to limited-income individual and families throughout Northern Virginia.
CFH provides a continuum of housing through life skills training, senior rental assistance in Fairfax County, down payment assistance in Prince William, Fairfax, Arlington and Loudoun Counties, security deposit assistance, rental homes in Vienna, Arlington, Fairfax and Fredericksburg and homeownership opportunities.”
-Karen DeVito, CFH Executive Director