Jan 30th, 2017
Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD)
Catholics for Housing (CFH) will continue to administer the VA Department of Housing & Community Development (DHCD) Down Payment Assistance Program (DPA) in four Northern Virginia Counties – Prince William, Fairfax, Arlington and Loudoun. CFH has helped 14 applicants realize their dream to become a homeowner.
CFH is currently accepting applications for this program. Eligibility requirements include:
- Gross household income from all sources cannot exceed 80% of the area median income, adjusted for household size;
- Assets cannot exceed 10% of the cost of the property being purchased;
- Down payment from the buyer must equal at least 1% of the cost of the property being purchased;
- Applicants must identify the property and secure a first mortgage from a VHDA approved lender;
- Applicants must take a VHDA homeownership class; locations are on the VHDA website
- Applicants must take a CFH homeownership workshop;
Current (April 2017) Income Eligibility for CFH NoVA DPA (updated with HUD’s most recent figures):
|1 Person||2 Person||3 Person||4 Person||5 Person||6 Person||7 Person||8 Person|
Details are found in the Application Guidelines. Contact 703-221-4510 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
CFH is a 501(c)(3) organization 37 years’ experience in providing affordable housing opportunities for low-to moderate income households in Northern Virginia. CFH provides senior rental assistance in Fairfax County, security deposit assistance throughout the service area, rental and homeownership opportunities and a comprehensive life skills program.