The Virginia Ely Senior Rental Assistance Program creates opportunities for the 62+ population to live independently. This program serves seniors who qualify to live in the Fairfax County senior facilities except their incomes are insufficient to allow them to sustain an apartment.
The program requires participants to use 40% of their income as their rent; the grant-funded program pays the balance. Because their rent is a limited amount of their income, the financially-fragile participants have the ability to provide nutritious meals, medical needs and more positive interaction with family, friends and community.
- Applicants must be at least 62 years of age.
- Applicants must be eligible to live at one of the Fairfax County-owned senior facilities.
- CFH serves participants in Gum Springs Glen, Little River Glen, Herndon Harbor House I and II and Morris Glen
- Applicants must have an annual income that does not exceed 30% of the area median income – see below.
- Applicants for Gum Springs Glen must have a minimum income of $7,000 per year.
- Applicants for Morris Glen or Herndon Harbor House I and II must have a minimum income of $10,000 per year.
Each participant must apply to the Housing Choice Voucher Program, when the program is accepting application.Download the Senior Rental Assistance Application.
Applications must contain all requested information and verifying documents. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
The Virginia Ely Program is made possible by the generous support of the Fairfax County Consolidated Community Funding Pool (CCFP), Wardman Naselli Trust, St. Mary of Sorrows Catholic Church, St. Mark Catholic Church and individual donors.
We’re social! Follow us on Facebook.
Help others learn about CFH by sharing this page on your facebook timeline Share