“Catholics for Housing is an amazing organization. CFH has a dedicated Board of Directors, a knowledgeable and committed staff and grantors and donors who believe in the programs and understand the value of everyone being able to sustain a home. CFH now provides a continuum of housing that can help individuals and families secure permanent housing that meets their needs.” Karen DeVito, Executive Director of Catholics for Housing
In 1979, Fr. Gerard Creedon and a group of Catholic laity created Catholics for Housing in response to the U. S. Catholic Bishops’ 1975 Pastoral Letter, “The Right to a Decent Home”. Catholics for Housing is a non-profit organization providing housing opportunities to eligible applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, creed, gender, familial status or religious affiliation. The Catholics for Housing service area is the geographic footprint of the Arlington Catholic Diocese, although CFH is an autonomous organization.
The Catholics for Housing continuum of housing includes:
- Security deposit assistance;
- Senior rental assistance in Fairfax County only;
- Rental homes in Vienna, Arlington, Fairfax and Fredericksburg only;
- Homeownership opportunities; and
- A comprehensive life skills program
CFH empowers individuals and families to successfully create a sustainable home in which they can achieve their goals and allow their children to build their dreams and reach their potential.
- Karen DeVito – Executive Director
- Ann Braun – Program Coordinator
- Maureen Britt – Bookkeeper
- Brenda Via – Office Manager
- John Kunu – Program Director
- John Enzmann – , Volunteer from Ignation Volunteer Corps
Current Board Members are:
- Alice Haase, President
- Bill Hummel, Vice President
- Bob Szerszynski, Secretary
- Russul Alamiree, Treasurer
- Harry “Bud” Hart
- Brian Tully McLaughlin
- Hugh O’Hara
- Scott Sterling
- Daniel Woodward
The CFH Full Annual Report 2018
We’re social! Follow us on Facebook.
Help others learn about CFH by sharing this page on your facebook timeline Share
MISSION OF CFH
“Catholics for Housing provides affordable housing opportunities to limited-income individual and families throughout Northern Virginia.
Catholics for Housing provides a continuum of housing through life skills training, senior rental assistance in Fairfax County, down payment assistance in Prince William, Fairfax, Arlington and Loudoun Counties, security deposit assistance, rental homes in Vienna, Arlington, Fairfax and Fredericksburg and homeownership opportunities.”
-Karen DeVito, Catholics for Housing Executive Director