“CFH is an amazing organization. CFH has a dedicated Board of Directors, a knowledgeable and committed staff and grantors and donors who believe in the programs and understand the value of everyone being able to sustain a home. CFH now provides a continuum of housing that can help individuals and families secure permanent housing that meets their needs.” Karen DeVito, Executive Director of CFH, Inc.
In 1979, Fr. Gerard Creedon and a group of Catholic laity created CFH in response to the U. S. Catholic Bishops’ 1975 Pastoral Letter, “The Right to a Decent Home”. CFH is a non-profit organization providing housing opportunities to eligible applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, creed, gender, familial status or religious affiliation. The CFH service area is the geographic footprint of the Arlington Catholic Diocese, although CFH is an autonomous organization.
The CFH continuum of housing includes:
- Security deposit assistance;
- Senior rental assistance in Fairfax County only;
- Rental homes in Vienna, Arlington, Fairfax and Fredericksburg only;
- Homeownership opportunities; and
- A comprehensive life skills program
CFH empowers individuals and families to successfully create a sustainable home in which they can achieve their goals and allow their children to build their dreams and reach their potential.
- George Davies – Executive Director
- Kerisha Kennedy-Lucena – Administration Assistant
- Cathy Yelvington – Bookkeeper
- Brenda Via – Office Manager
Current Board Members are:
- Alice Haase, President
- Bill Hummel, Vice President
- Bob Szerszynski, Secretary
- Scott Sterling, Treasurer
- Russul Alamiree, Director
- Harry “Bud” Hart
- Brian Tully McLaughlin
- Hugh O’Hara
- Daniel Woodward
The CFH Full Annual Report 2018
We’re social! Follow us on Facebook.
Help others learn about CFH by sharing this page on your facebook timeline Share
“CFH is a 501 (c)(3) organization providing affordable housing opportunities to limited-income individual and families throughout Northern Virginia. CFH provides a continuum of housing through life skills training, senior rental assistance and down payment assistance, security deposit assistance, rental homes in Vienna, Arlington, Fairfax and Fredericksburg and homeownership opportunities.”